[PARPORT] Re: New queueing code

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 16:14:25 EDT

    On Sat, Apr 01 2000, Erik Inge Bolsų wrote:
    > On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > >If this patch will fix paride probably we won't need to add a
    > >allow_merge_request bitflag to the blkdev_struct to be safe.
    > >Could you try out if the below patch fixes paride?
    >
    > Sorry to say, it does not. It Oops()ed and killed interrupt handlers now
    > on reading a file, instead of instantly rebooting, though. A good sign ;-)
    > ?
    >
    > And no, I don't have a dump of that Oops, due to it killing interrupt
    > handlers and such. No second machine handy to serial-dump it to.

    (sorry for joining late, I've been "away" this weekend)

    Could you just save the call trace then and look up the values? I
    haven't looked at Andrea's patch yet, but I would have to agree
    that "hiding" the clustering for dumb block drivers is the better
    solution compared to adding a no_clustering member to request_queue_t

    --
    *  Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
    *  Linux CD/DVD-ROM, SuSE Labs