Re: [PARPORT] Parallel port user-space driver and interrupts

From: Carl Michal (michal@physics.ubc.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 14:05:40 EDT

    Tim,

    I did know ppdev does this - but correct me if I'm wrong: ppdev in 2.2.x
    doesn't use hardware handshaking (big loss in speed, about a factor of
    15 when we tried it). Also, we burned a couple of days trying to read
    from the port with ppdev and never did get it to work. I vaguely
    remember looking through the archives here and think I remeber other
    people having had similar problems. I guess in 2.3 - 2.4 these problems
    are gone?

    Carl