RE: [PARPORT] inb (problems)

From: Samuel Ace Winchenbach (swinchen@eece.maine.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 10:00:58 EDT

    If it's the same hardware, then that is strange, yes. Is it an
    ECP-capable chipset, and if so which mode does Windows put the port
    in? You might find you have better luck if you use mode 001 (PS/2) rather
    than 000 (SPP), or something like that.

    Hmmm How do I determine the mode that the port is in? and perhaps a better
    asked question is, How do I change the mode? I am sure that it is an
    ECP-capable shipset. I am using an Asus p2B-f motherboard.

    Thanks for all of your help so far :)