[PARPORT] ecp on compaq armada

From: Joseph Eggleston (eggles@rsch.comm.mot.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 10:49:28 EDT

    I'm trying to get a Webcam II working on a Compaq Armada 7800 (laptop).
    Currently the cpia driver for the webcam requires the parallel port to
    use ecp mode. The armada's bios calls the parallel port an "ECP Printer
    Port" but the parallel port driver doesn't seem to recognize it as such.
    I'm using the kernel version 2.2.14-5. Here's the relevant log info:

    parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2]
    parport0: read2 timeout.
    parport0: Multimedia device, VLSI Vision Ltd PPC2 Camera
    Linux video capture interface: v1.00
    V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.4
    Parallel port driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.4
    cpia_pp.c:cpia_pp_register(1469):port is not ECP capable
      0 camera(s) found

    Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

    thanks!
    Joe