[PARPORT] parport_yield

From: Nordic Boy (jklaas@cs.albany.edu)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 15:28:39 EDT

    As you may know, I am attempting to write a parport driver for an
    ATEN AS/2 switch. In order to accomplish some sort of multiplexing, I
    decided that it would be a good idea to use parport_yield. However, it
    doesn't seem to exist in the 2.2 kernels.

    However, if that were the case, why do I see it in lp.c? Is that a
    special case? I also notice that the other parport drivers tend to use
    parport_release. Would it be better to use that instead?

    Thanks.

    James Klaas