Re: [PARPORT] printer *Additional Information*

From: David Bronson (dbron@roman.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 10:15:19 EDT

    The printer worked fine under 2.2.13 that came with my distro (David
    pauses with the regret of not leaving well enough alone). It is supposed
    to be perfectly served by the driver for the laserjet 4 - it is a PCL
    printer if that makes a difference.

    I was told to install lpr with magicfilter which I haven't completed, but
    if I'm not mistaken the cat ... /lp0 bypasses the printcap file
    altogether.

    Is it possible that I just can't write legibly directly to the port
    without a filter - even just text? If that is the case, I will concentrate
    on getting the filter set back up and work from there.

    DB