Re: [PARPORT] parport and lilo

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 11:53:44 EDT

    On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 12:30:17AM +0900, Tony Laszlo wrote:

    > >If you compile the parport code into the kernel, then you can use
    > >kernel boot parameters to get the same effect. Add something like the
    > >following to your LILO command line:
    >
    > > parport=0x3bc parport=0x378,7 parport=0x278,auto
    >
    > putting this line, as it, in lilo.conf and

    Don't put it directly into lilo.conf like that.

    > I have seen some little reference to the exact syntax needed
    > here. Is it something like [append="parport=0x378,7"] ?
    > As this is lilo, I would really like to get this right
    > rather than risk not being able to boot the system...

    Yes, append="string" like you have it.

    If you are worried about getting the configuration wrong, why not make
    a new stanza for LILO (a new section with image in)?

    If you don't actually have parport compiled statically into your
    kernel but instead have it as a module (see modprobe -l), then you
    want to edit your modules config instead: /etc/modules.conf, or
    /etc/conf.modules.