[PARPORT] zip - samba problems

From: William Clements (whc2u@leptonics.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 01:42:23 EDT

    Hi,

    I'm currently running linux kernel 2.2.12. I want to mount a zip drive
    and access (rw) the drive from a Win 98 client throught Samba.
    Currently,
    I have two 100 MB zip drives and a printer installed on two parallel
    ports.
    Every thing seems to load fine, and I can read and write to the disks
    from
    linux, but don't seem to be able to write to them from Windows, although
    can read from them. (Samba is configured correctly and works for
    everyother
    occasion). (This actually seems more like a NFS problem then a ppa
    problem.)

    Ok, in fstab I've specified (rw) for the devices, (sda4 and sdb4), and
    the
    mode (mode=0666). But once the devices are mounted the directory
    permissions don't reflect this but more along the lines of (0755).
    chmod -c 0666 as root reports success, but the directory permissions
    don't
    actually change, verfied by 'ls'. Any ideas?

    Will
    whc2u@sibertron.com