Re: [PARPORT] Driver for Parallel port iomega Zip drive

From: James Mckenzie (os2support@theriver.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 01:34:07 EDT

    Deepu Roy wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a parallel port version of the Zip drive but I don't know
    > where to get it's driver for Linux. Also could you tell me how to
    > install such a driver.

    First, connect the drive to your parallel port.
    Second, power up the drive.
    Third, insert a FORMATTED disk.
    Fourth, boot up your system.
    Fifth, log in as root.
    Sixth, modprobe imm ppa
    Seventh, no errors? cd /
    Eighth, mkdir zip
    Ninth, mount /dev/sda4 /zip
    Tenth, cd /zip and then ls.

    You should now be able to access the drive. You will NOT be able to
    eject the disk until you unmount the /zip directory by typing in umount
    /zip from ANY OTHER directory then /zip.

    Enjoy.

    James Mckenzie