[PARPORT] Can't get paralell zip to work?!?!

From: David Topper (topper@virginia.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 17:50:55 EDT

    Hi folks,

    I've read the mini-HOWTO which is unfortunately out of date. Regardless

    the steps for loading modules do not work.

    I'm using a Slackware 7.0 system with a 2.2.16 kernel. I've tried all
    sorts of combinations of scsi and scsi-ide and whatnot. Even trying to
    modprobe ppa or imm (without any other scsi modules loaded) tells me
    device or resource busy.

    It's a pretty old Zip drive. I've got SCSI ID set to 5 and termination
    ON. Maybe this isn't a paralell drive, but a true SCSI one instead?

    Can anyone help me out here?

    Thanks,

    DT

    --