[PARPORT] Re: ftape with Trakker parallel port

From: Tony Laszlo (laszlo@gol.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 06:53:55 EDT

    Jochen,

    Thank you for your kind advice.
    I had given up for the time being, actually :) ...

    On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Jochen Hoenicke wrote:

    > This shows a big problem: Ftape doesn't know that you have
    > CONFIG_PNP_PARPORT enabled. The method ft_parport_probe_one is only
    > used for the non parport case.
    >
    > Have you set this option in your kernel configuration?

    These are the relevant setting from /usr/src/linux/.config
    I had been advised not to enable PNP, in general. I guess
    I need to, in order to use Ftape with Trakker. Will get
    to that now.

    CONFIG_PARPORT=m
    CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m
    # CONFIG_PARPORT_OTHER is not set

    # Plug and Play support
    #
    # CONFIG_PNP is not set

    > Is
    > /usr/src/linux (or whatever the variable in MCONFIG points to) the
    > right directory, where you recompiled the kernel?

    yes.

    > And did you "make
    > distclean"

    "make clean" yes, but not distclean.
    If enabling PNP doesn't change things, I will try again
    using "make distclean".

    >and recompile ftape _after_ compiling the kernel?

    yes.

    Will try again with PNP enabled, distclean, etc.

    Thanks for the tip!

    Tony Laszlo
    Jiyugaoka, Tokyo