Re: [PARPORT] printer troubles with rh6.1

From: matt (matt@cipherdesign.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 15:12:10 EDT

    hey tim,

    > The better way of doing it is to put the alias line in conf.modules.
    > You can check that it's working by doing:

    is the alias line in conf.modules the one i already have:

    alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
    ?

    > # modprobe parport_lowlevel
    >
    > and see what it says. It should load parport_pc.

    yes it does. however, it is necessary for me to do this:

    insmod /lib/modules/2.2.15/misc/lp.o

    for the printer to work. is there a good way to do this?

    also, to do this automatically when i want to print, will i need to
    configure the kernel daemon or the kernel module loader?

    thanks again, matt