RE: [PARPORT] ppdev for Sparc RedHat

From: Ruvoen, Francois (francois.ruvoen@algety.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 13:13:41 EDT

    >> Has anyone ever used ppdev (user space parallel port driver) on a Ultra
    AXe?
    >> Apparently, it compiles nicely but it will not work.
    >> Only "open" works (at least it enters pp_open) but when I call "ioctl" it
    >> doesn't enter pp_ioctl and ioctl return "invalid parameter"
    >
    >If it doesn't enter pp_ioctl, it isn't a ppdev problem. Perhaps there
    >are permission problems on /dev/parport*, or perhaps you opened it
    >with the wrong flags?

    I finally made the ioctls work modifying the arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c.
    But now, the thing will not enter EPP mode (as the timeout bit of the epp
    status register remains set).
    I have noticed that the super io chip has changed on the AXe and is now a
    ns97307 and not a ns87303 as the
    ns87303.h suggests. Is it known to have any influence?

    --
    Francois Ruvoen