[PARPORT] 8255 IO parallel port device driver.

From: Sazrul Azri (sazlinux@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 21:13:01 EDT

    Hi.

    I am developing a device driver for 8255 card.
    I have successfully compiled, inserted and mknod the module.

    I have a few problems.

    1. I get "Unsolved symbols in /lib/modules/misc/PIO.o" when I run "depmod
    -a".

    2. I tried to send 8-bit data to port B using "cat 11111111 > /dev/piob ;
    cat /dev/piob" but it returns an endless stream of identical bytes.

    3. Can you suggest me how to read data from port A (using command line)?

    Please advice me how to solve these problems.

    For your info, I use kernel 2.2.40.

    Thanks.

    Yours truly,
    Sazrul Azri