[PARPORT] Hello, I´m new in this list

From: jens@nietzsche.glueckauf.verb.tu-clausthal.de
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 18:50:57 EST

    Hello,

    this evening I subscribed to this list. First, I want to introduce
    myself. My name is Jens Koehler, and I am a student of computer science at
    the Technical University Clausthal in Germany.

    I found this list during my search for a solution how to write a program
    that access the parallel port of my Linux PC on a lowlevel layer. Now I
    found the documentation of parport.h.

    Actually I am quiet confused about this. Is there anybody in this list who
    has an example program that opens the parport0 and writes some data to the
    data lines of the parallel port? This would do me a great favour.

    I have a computer with SuSE 7.0 installed on it with Kernel 2.2.16. So far
    as I understand the functions defined in linux/parport.h can be used to
    access the lowlevel of the parallel port, but I haven´t found a way to use
    the ioctl()-approach to access /dev/parport0. Is this only new in Kernel
    2.4.0?

    Ok, this were many questions. I hope, someone could give me some answers.

    With best greetings

          Jens Koehler

                                   ICQ #33135877
                ()___() http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~ifjkoe