[PARPORT] Parallel Iomega Zip 100, Kernel Detect Problem

From: Cameron Gray (graystar@geocities.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 01:36:25 EST

    I am trying get a Parallel Zip 100 to work. I dont need the lp module, and
    have turned it off in the kernel. I have 2.2.17. Whenever i "modprobe
    ppa", i get the following dmesg. (this is with a disk in)

    ppa: Version 2.03 (for Linux 2.2.x)
    ppa: Found device at ID 6, Attempting to use PS/2
    ppa: Communication established with ID 6 using PS/2
    scsi0 : Iomega VPI0 (ppa) interface
    scsi : 1 host.
      Vendor: Model: Rev:
    Detected scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 6, lun 0
    sda : sector size 0 reported, assuming 512.
    SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 1 [0 MB] [0.0 GB]
     sda:scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 0
     unable to read partition table

    What concerns me is that there is no information on the Vendor, Model, Rev
    fields. I have tried imm, but that doesnt do anything.

    Any ideas?

    Cam.

    --
    Bacon's not the only thing that's cured by hanging from a string.