[PARPORT] direct cable connectiion

From: John J. Cruz (casacruz@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 08:15:36 EST

    Silly question to ask.

    We at work have recently had our laptops replace with new Dell Latitudes
    and with windows 2000 installed. In the past I was able to connect the
    work laptop to my home PC using win95 “direct cable connection”
    feature. Windows 2000 requires logging in as “administrator”. I'm not
    familiar with windows 2000.

    Has anyone been able to circumvent the “log in as administrator”
    requirement?

    I have Red Hat 6.2 and win95 coexisting on the same hard drive (for
    now). I also have a switch box to select either printer or “direct
    cable connection”.

    Thank you all for your help.
    jjc