[PARPORT] parallel port grounding

From: daniel sheltraw (l5gibson@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 16:50:38 EST

    Hello parport listees

    I have two parallel ports in my laptop machine. One is on the
    motherboard the other is a PCMCIA card. As a code-test I would
    simply like to send data from one port and read on the other.
    Do I simply connect data port lines to data port lines (pins 2-9
    with direction bits set properly in the control register)
    or do I need to connect the ground pins together as well? In
    other words: Is the common internal grounding of the machine
    good enough?

    Thanks for your help,
    Daniel