[PARPORT] Zip (ppa) detection with ECP/EPP Bios settings

From: Uwe Bonnes (bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 11:04:20 EST

    Hallo,

    on our last install party, an old ZIP drive gave us major trouble. The
    prerequisites told, that EPP mode is needed, so we tried with ECP/EPP
    bios setting. However the device was not recognized by
    parport_probe. parport_probe always told "no 1284 device found" (suse
    7.0 kernel 2.2.16). Finally we decided to change the bios setting to pure
    EPP, and things went fine.

    Is there some fundamental problems keeping parport_probe from falling
    back to EPP mode after unsuccessfully probinge IEE1284 mode?

    Bye

    Uwe Bonnes bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

    Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt