[PARPORT] Quickcam pro

From: Pramod Immaneni (pramod@enpc3082.eas.asu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 12:52:41 EST

    Hi,
        Has anyone been able to use quickcam pro on linux. Parport detects
    the existence of a camera at 0x378. But when I modprobe the driver I get

    /lib/modules/2.2.12-20smp/misc/c-qcam.o: init_module: Device or resource
    busy
    parport: Device or resource busy

    I have c-qcam driver which is for color quickcam I think, and not for
    quickcam pro. Is the above problem with the driver or is that a parport
    error. Do I have to pass any parameters to the driver?

    I have the alias

    alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

    in my /etc/conf.modules and I am running redhat-6.1 on a pentium box.

    Thanks,

    Bye,
    Pramod.