[PARPORT] HP7200 with cdrdao

From: Dale Matthews (news@dserver.ipudev.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 14:24:01 EST

      Question... I compiled up cdrdao (Debian w/2.0.36 kernel) and I have
    an HP 7200 parallel port cd writer. I've been writing cd's for a while
    using cdrecord (patched for pg) so I know that this all works, but
    whenever I try to use cdrdao and specify the device as /dev/pg0, the
    system just hangs there until I CTRL-C. So my guess is that cdrdao needs
    to be patched similarly to cdrecord in order to work with my burner.
    Anyway, I guess what I'm wondering is if anybody knows if such a patch
    exists, or should I tackle this problem another way? I know it's a small
    thing, but being a music freak, the 2 second pauses between tracks
    really annoys me.

      Thanks...

      Mike / news@ipudev.com