[PARPORT] using an Iomega parallet port tape drive

From: John Kerr Anderson (jaanders@tm.net)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 21:12:48 EST

    I have an Iomega parallel port drive model no. ditto easy 3200. I have
    added support into the kernel for parallel port devices, ftape, ztape,
    etc.

    When I try to write to the tape I receive the following message:

    kerr:~# tar cf /dev/qft0 home
    tar: /dev/qft0: Cannot open: Device not configured
    kerr:~#

    and the floppy disk drive inside of the computer spins. Any suggestions
    would be appreciated. :-)