Re: [PARPORT] PCI parallel port card under rtlinux

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 13:54:25 EST

    On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 10:50:17AM -0800, Adam J. Richter wrote:

    > I believe that, in theory, that last byte of the PCI class
    > is supposed to identify the register-level interface, so the
    > drivers should be compatible, hopefully.

    Yes, in theory. Lava get this right I think, but I don't think anyone
    else does. Take a look at the existing table entries, for instance,
    and see that the base address registers are all over the place. You
    can't even reliably tell how many parallel ports there are even
    supposed to be without other knowledge.