Re: [PARPORT] [patch] 2.4.0-test13-pre1: parport_pc 'hardware' para meter

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 11:49:08 EST

    On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 03:12:53PM -0500, rjh@world.std.com wrote:

    > What about dmafifo. It is more specific and avoids the shadowing. It
    > also then would distinguish from the piofifo I'm getting ready.
    > (Christmas should drop the workload enough to let me get it ready.)

    I'd like in the end to be able to turn off _all_ 'special' hardware
    acceleration tricks without needing a recompile.

    I can turn DMA off with 'dma=none', and at the moment I can turn off
    PIO with 'irq=none' (but I think you're working on changing that..).
    How about if I call the parameter pio, so that 'pio=0 dma=none' will
    do what I want?

    Can anyone think of a better name?