[PARPORT] OnSpec 90c26 driver problems

From: Harry Holt (hholt@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 17:36:52 EST

    I am having trouble getting the OnSpec 90c26 parallel port driver (onscsi)
    to work. I hope someone out there has used this and can give me some clues
    where to look next. I have a Microtek X6 that uses this driver (at least it
    works with the windoze driver).

    I've patched, configured, and compiled the 2.4.0-test12 kernel. I am able
    to insmod all the necessary modules. When the onscsi module loads, I get:

    onscsi.0: onscsi 0.91 (0.92), OnSpec 90c26 at 0x378 mode 4 (EPP-32) dly 1
    nice 0 sg 16

    This seems to indicate that the module installed as expected, and found the
    hardware. The scanner's light blinks a little during the load, so it seems
    to indicate that it is finding the scanner's interface.

    Now I'm stuck, though. ScanImage cannot find a device. 'find-scanner'
    can't find the scanner, either, although it detects my CD-Writer on /dev/sga
     as expected. All other sg devices fail to open.

    Can anybody lend a clue? What am I missing? Where should I look next?

    Thx... HH

    --
    "Do not try to solve all of life's problems at once.  Learn to dread each day as it comes."
    	-  Donald Kaul