[PARPORT] OOPS still need ls120 help

From: Penndragon (pdragon@free2air.com.au)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 02:55:13 EST

    Hi Guys

    Having a few probs with the ls-120 myself in Mandrake Linux 7.2 It's am imation parallel port model and from what I can gather it appears to be being detected during the boot up phase yet I'm unable to mount it. Following is 2 parts the output of dmesg which I hope will aid in sorting this out.

    parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778) [SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2]
    parport0: detected irq 7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven operation.
    parport_probe: failed
    parport0: no IEEE-1284 device present.
    lp0: using parport0 (polling).

    and

    paride: version 1.04 installed
    paride: epat registered as protocol 0
    pf: pf version 1.04, major 47, cluster 64, nice 0
    pf0: Sharing parport0 at 0x378
    pf0: epat 1.01, Shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x378, mode 0 (4-bit), delay 1
    pf0: MATSHITA LS-120 COSM 04, master LUN 0, type 0, removable, no media

    Is that of any help in working out how to mount it on my sys?

    James