[PARPORT] Re: Printing to off-line printer in 2.4.0-prerelease

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 06:17:08 EST

    On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 02:39:21AM +0100, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 02:09:56AM +0100, Peter Osterlund wrote:
    > > should say that it is obsolete. I think obsolete means "you should never
    > > ever have to use this stuff".
    >
    > Agreed.

    I think that LP_CAREFUL is still needed. There are printers that
    think that nFault overrides the other error lines and there are
    printers that drag nFault to 'okay to print' when off. To keep
    everyone happy (those that want to print to error-line-wreckless
    printers, and those that want jobs being sent to a printer that's off
    to wait until the printer comes online) I think we need LP_CAREFUL to
    remain.