[PARPORT] ppdev for 2.4 kernel

From: Wolfgang Huber (huber@vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 09:59:39 EST

    hi

    I want to install vmware under linux and in my target application i need
    a bidirectional parallel port. The device which supports bidirectional
    parallelport ist /dev/parportx and ppdev is the module behind this
    device.
    I hope, this is correct so far.

    Here is my problem:
    Every attempt to write or read from /dev/parport ends with the error
    message:
    "Invalid parameter" ?

    Any ideas

    lg