[PARPORT] RH 6.2 & Epson printer problems

From: Michael J. Schweppe (michael@schweppe.org)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 16:34:58 EST

    Hi Folks:

    I'm trying to get my Epson Stylus Color 600 to run under Red Hat 6.2. I
    used Webmin to set the printer up. I can print the ASCII test page and
    directly to port in printtool. I even installed the latest lpr rpm too.

    However, I still get :

        lpr:lp:lp: unknown printer

    from Netscape or if I try to print from a terminal window.

    My printcap file is:

    # /etc/printcap
    #
    # Please don't edit this file directly unless you know what you are
    doing!
    # Be warned that the control-panel printtool requires a very strict
    format!
    # Look at the printcap(5) man page for more info.
    #
    # This file can be edited with the printtool in the control-panel.

    ##PRINTTOOL3## LOCAL uniprint NAxNA letter {} U_EpsonStylusColor
    stc600pl {}
    Epson_Stylus:\
            :sd=/var/spool/lpd/Epson_Stylus:\
            :sh:\