[PARPORT] novice needs pointers

From: Aaron Solochek (leko@cmu.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 01:45:34 EST

    My goal is to have a computer, running linux, send a zephyr (instant
    message) when our doorbell is pressed. I built hardware which
    generates a rising edge on pin 10 when the doorbell is rung. I did
    this because someone told me that using the interrupt would be the
    easiest way to do this. I, however, don't have any system level
    programming experience (I just know the generally useless stuff
    intro CS classes teach), and I can't find anything about using these
    interrupts in linux.

    I can't help but think that this is a maximum of 5 lines of code,
    which is frustrating. If anyone has a good URL, or sample code for
    doing this sort of thing, I'd appreciate it.

    Thanks.

    -Aaron Solochek
     leko@cmu.edu