Re: [PARPORT] parport_pc and via vt82c686a (fwd)

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 18:15:55 EST

    On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:41:38PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:

    > As you can see, a "possible IRQ conflict" is detected, and the epp
    > protocol is not shown as available. Actually, irq 7 is owened only
    > by the parallel port. This message occours *only* if I enable both
    > ecp and epp by bios; I also tried many solutions (various bios
    > settings and parameters to parport_pc), but the message is always
    > the same.

    I also see this message on a machine I have occasional access to. On
    that machine, there also doesn't seem to be any real conflict.

    It's only an informational message. There is a bit in a register that
    is supposed to be the current value of the IRQ line or something, and
    that's the trigger for that message.

    Perhaps I read the spec wrong when I put it in, because it doesn't
    seem to be accurate at all.

    For now though, ignore it.