Re: [PARPORT] Port Multiplexor Problem (AS152 AS154 commdand codes)

From: Gunther Mayer (Gunther.Mayer@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 06:37:50 EST

    Tim Waugh wrote:

    > On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 12:48:31PM -0800, Mike Murphy wrote:
    >
    > > >From looking at the parswitch driver, it seems the hard part is determining
    > > how to communicate with my multiplexor to get it to switch. parswitch
    > > appears to be a bare-bones clone of lp.c; is this an accurate assessment?
    >
    > Best ask the author. I haven't really looked closely at the code
    > myself yet.

    I haben't looked at it actually, too.
    Once I got this info from ATEN support:

    AS152P & AS154P command code
       port a:04,84,05,85,06,86
       port b:04,84,05,85,07,87
       port c:04,84,05,85,02,82
       port d:04,84,05,85,03,83
    broadcast:04,84,05,85,01,81

    Hope this helps and saves you from dissecting parswitch.
    Althoug I doubt this helps with your device.

    Ask your vendor, if your device implements the
    "IEEE1284.3 Multiplexor architecture".

    Regards, Gunther