Re: [PARPORT] Support for my PCI add-on card

From: John O'Connor (joconnor@orga.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 03:42:41 EST

    > I've also had problems with a PCI add-on card (with a SUNIX SUN1888 chip).
    > The vendor claims it supports EPP and ECP.

    Me too, same chip. In my case, it is on a dual port parallel card.

    However, as far as I can tell, the card only supports ECP on the first of the two ports. I emailed the SUNIX tech support folks and their reply was the the information that I was asking for was proprietary and all that they could do was to wish me luck.

    Also, the chip is not fully compliant. I have some code that works fine with a port on a mobo but which does not work on a Sunix chip.

    Regards

    John O'Connor