[PARPORT] linux 2.0 and 2.2 differences ...

From: Julian Holley (julian@clares.globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 06:00:54 EST

    Hi People - Anyone give me a clue as to why a non parport plip set up on
    linux 2.0.x will work with a parport set up on 2.2.x BUT a dual parport
    set up - both on 2.2.14 or 2.2.18 can tx/rx packets both ways but
    refuses to pass these packets to the networking system - ie packets
    recieved both ends but no packets returned on ping - replace one of
    machines with a old non parport system and everything works ! - is there
    somat I'm missing here !? - any pointers greatly appreciated. Julian.