Re: [PARPORT] FW: results from EPP mode

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 16:31:59 EST

    On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 03:49:10PM -0500, Mark Cianfaglione wrote:

    > Mar 21 21:08:27 localhost kernel: parport0: Mode 0x2040 rejected by
    > peripheral

    Okay, we can ignore bit 13 (the '2') since that just signals to the
    parport layer that we want address rather than data, and bit 6 (the
    '4') means EPP. 'rejected by' means that peripheral knows that the
    host wants to talk EPP, but it can't (as opposed to just being
    confused by the negotiation), and the host should choose another mode.

    It definitely speaks EPP rather than ECP? Also, what happens if you
    just fool parport_negotiate into thinking that the peripheral is happy
    (i.e. set xflag to 1 before the 'mode && !xflag' test)?