Re: [PARPORT] Example Code

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 09:59:21 EST

    On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 09:37:04AM -0500, Andrew Hogue wrote:

    > There's only one thing that doesn't touch the data lines and that is
    > to check the Status pin.

    Right. Just blatting away away at the data pins as fast as possible
    doesn't seem particularly useful..

    > I guess this might cause a problem since it will introduce another
    > mode switch but maybe 1 or 2 mode switches will be more efficient
    > than 10 or whatever I have now... :)

    If the status pin happens to be nAck, then you can configure parport
    to use interrupts and then use select() in the user-space driver to
    wait for the interrupt to happen, rather than polling the status port
    lots of times.