[PARPORT] Anyone been successful with 2.4.2 kernel?

From: Gaede, Skip (Skip.Gaede@compaq.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 13:13:13 EDT

    Hi,

    I am a relative newbie, and have a HP LJ4L attached through the epst device
    on my scanner. I had no difficulty compiling the 2.2.16-22 kernel with the
    0.91 patch and getting the printer to work with the LPRng package.

    Can someone help me understand what I have to do?

    I've manually loaded parport, parport_pc, ppscsi and epst. I've defined lp0
    to be connected to /dev/lp0 (and/or /dev/parport0). When I try printing a
    test page, I get a less than helpful message
    "there was an error writing tot he printer")

    Thanks,
    Skip