[PARPORT] parport zip drive in RH7.1

From: Jeff Kopmanis (kopmanis@eecs.umich.edu)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 16:32:03 EDT

    I've got an IBM ThinkPad 600 that I've successfully loaded RedHat 7.1 onto
    that I'm having a heck of a time getting the parallel Zip drive to
    work. Its a 250MB drive, and under Windows 98 (its not mine, its for a
    faculty member), it functions properly.

    I've tried the documented modules.conf lines to load parport and
    ppa. parport loads cleanly, but ppa spews back 3 lines that all begin
    with the pathname of the ppa.o module, followed by "undefined symbol" and
    then one of each:

      scsi_unregister_module_R8xxxxxx
      scsi_register_R7xxxxxxx
      scsi_register_module_Rfxxxxxx

    where xxxxxx's are seemingly random (but possibly useful) hex numbers.

    If anyone has a clue what it takes to successfully load drivers to run
    this Zip drive under a 2.4 kerneled RedHat 7.1 install, please let me know
    ASAP.

    Thanks,

    -Jeff. :)

    ------- University of Michigan Artificial Intelligence Lab -------
    Jeff Kopmanis, Sr. Sys Analyst, 1101 Beal Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2110
    Office: 734-763-9352 http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/kopmanis
    Soul Kitchen Rhythm & Blues: http://spring.eecs.umich.edu/sk
    Monroe Big Band: http://spring.eecs.umich.edu/mbb