Re: [PARPORT] parport zip drive in RH7.1

From: Jeff Kopmanis (kopmanis@eecs.umich.edu)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 11:29:11 EDT

    TIM! OH MY GOD!!!

    I booted into Windows, checked out the IRQ/IO ports (IRQ 7, 03BC-03BF),
    and while in Control Panel noticed a subtle little icon, "ThinkPad
    Configuration". Went to the parallel port and that !@%$#!! thing was
    disabled!!! Despite the fact that the zip drive software ignores that
    setting, it seems to be disabled. Arg. There is no BIOS option! Arg.

    Anyway, it works great now. Just run "modprobe imm" and then mount the
    disk.

    Is there a modules.conf option I can put in there to automatically load
    the imm driver? My faculty dude can certainly do this, but he'll forget
    and get frustrated.

    Thanks SO much for helping me get through this.

    -Jeff. :)

    --

    ------- University of Michigan Artificial Intelligence Lab ------- Jeff Kopmanis, Sr. Sys Analyst, 1101 Beal Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2110 Office: 734-763-9352 http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/kopmanis Soul Kitchen Rhythm & Blues: http://spring.eecs.umich.edu/sk Monroe Big Band: http://spring.eecs.umich.edu/mbb