[PARPORT] nFault interrupts in ECP mode

From: Alan Folsom (folsom@jmisoftware.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 13:49:04 EDT

    I hope someone can help with this...

    I have a device driver written to communicate bidirectionally to a custom
    scanner. On one linux box (redhat 7.0) this works fine, on the other
    (identical operating system), the driver never receives an interrupt when
    nFault goes low attempting to initiate a reverse transfer. I've checked /proc
    and ioports, interrupts, etc are all the same. /etc/modules.conf are
    identical, kernel is identical, everything, as near as I can tell.
    Unfortunately, my customer has a similar problem, one system that works, and
    one that doesn't. The one that doesn't work has a removable hard drive, so
    when we pull out the linux drive and insert a Windows hard disk, the
    communications are fine, which indicates, I think, that it is not a BIOS or
    parallel port chipset issue.

    Can anyone give me a hint as to where to look? I've been pulling my hair out
    over this one. I suspect that there's some flag, or option, somewhere that
    will enable this bidirectional interrupts, but I'm at a loss as to what it is,
    and what is happening.

    Thanks,

    Al Folsom