[PARPORT] PCI ECP Parallel port card questions

From: Jesús Torres (jesus.torres@iname.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 13:03:33 EDT

    In <Low ECP speed> message I saw that all outb take 2uS (500 KB/s)
    and all outsb take 128uS to read 16 bytes using a onboard port.

    I haven't solved the problem but because 500 KB/s is too slow I will
    go to use a PCI parallel port card. I need a throughtput of 1 MB/s.
    I have any questions:

     - I read that there isn't DMA support on PCI. It has bus master support
       and there aren't PCI parallel port card bus master capable.
       Is it true?. Do I must use PIO access code?

     - In many EPP parports there are 32 bit transfers support.
       Can I use 32 bit transfers in ECP parports?

    Thank you.

    --
              /      \                       Jesús Miguel Torres Jorge
            /          \       __          Tenerife, Canary Island, SPAIN

    NO subestimes el poder de la Ley de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información (LSSI) ˇˇˇFUERA LA LSSI YA!!! http://www.kriptopolis.com/