On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 09:53:27AM +0200, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> My second idea was to save it in struct pardevice. That solves the
> problem of 'sharing' residues among several devices, but how can I
> access that struct pardevice when in parport_pc_ecp_read_block_pio ?
Yes, struct pardevice is the right place I think. You can access it
However, I'm not too sure that I'm happy about this situation:
- client negotiates to ECP mode
- FIFO fills up
- client asks for 1 byte of data.
- we block the FIFO and read it all in, giving 1 byte back to
- client terminates back to compatibility mode
[... another client comes along, and goes... ]
- client negotiates back to ECP mode and asks for data
- we give it the data we remembered from before
I think we need to forget the data once the client has terminated back
to compatibility mode. The reason is that there are some things (like
device ID) which are defined like this.
-- To unsubscribe, send mail to: email@example.com --
-- with the single word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. --
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue Jun 12 2001 - 04:40:18 EDT