Re: [PARPORT] new ppdev operations

From: Ronnie Arosa (infrac00@des.fi.udc.es)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 11:46:43 EDT

    > Why do you want to do that? What are you going to do if there isn't
    > an ECR, or if there is an ECR that behaves differently than you
    > expect?

    I'm working with an Oxsemi's chipset. I've got a development board and I
    would like to test the chip it incorporates. The development board was
    not correctly integrated and designers have forgot some pull-up
    resistences need to work in some modes (mode compatible for example). So
    instead of just siiting down waiting for receiving the new board, I
    would like to start testing with the modes that the chip is supposed to
    work. I've changed parport_pc.c to input the ECP mode to the ECR
    register at initialization time. But after initialization ECR returns to
    PS2 mode, incomprensiblemente.
    I would like to be sure about ECR's value.

    Thanks,
    Ronnie.