[PARPORT] Writing in ECP mode.

From: Ronnie (infrac00@des.fi.udc.es)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 06:13:17 EDT

    Hi everybody,

    I'm trying to write to a IEEE1284 device using my PCI based parallel
    card. I use a very simple user space program for this. If I just write
    some bytes (less than fifo depth) to the device everything is okay. But
    if I write some more (more than fifo depth) then my computer crashes down.
    I've activated CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_FIFO on the kernel.
    I've discovered that it crashes after calling
    /parport_pc_fifo_write_block_pio()/. Then it goes everything okay until
    it enters in the bucle. For the first step of the bucle everything runs
    okay (it writes the 16 bytes in the fifo). In the second step, it finds
    the fifo full and waits until an interrupt occurrs
    (/parport_wait_event()/). In the forth time /parport_wait_event()/ is
    called (perhaps when the interruption is activated) the O.S. try to do
    /down_interrupti//ble(&port->physport->ieee1284.irq)/, and then the
    computer crases down.

    It seems as an interrupt problem. My card is assigned to irq 11. I've
    found that my video card is assigned to the same irq. Is that a problem?
    But after installing parport and parport_pc modules, I can see that
    interrupt 11 is own by my parallel card:
    # cat /proc/interrupts
              CPU0
      0: 259911 XT-PIC timer
      1: 2853 XT-PIC keyboard
      2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
      5: 3155 XT-PIC eth0
      9: 6505 XT-PIC aic7xxx, aic7xxx
    11: 0 XT-PIC parport0
    12: 28093 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
    14: 10322 XT-PIC ide0
    NMI: 0
    ERR: 0
    I've tried to assigned in the BIOS some other IRQs to these two devices
    but I was not able to make them work.

    Does anybody have any idea? Thanks in advance.