Re: [PARPORT] ppdev and ECP

From: Julien (julien@jls-info.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 07:33:49 EDT

    I solved one half of the problem (maybe a bit less ;-) ), I forgot to compile the IEEE1284 in the kernel ... grrrr... Now I don't have any more "No such device" when I write, but I can't read and write anything (they both return 0). I plugged my HP Officejet on my parport, and negociation, and write() works (I do not know what I do, but the printer accepts what I am sending to it). I can not read the printer, but this may be normal.
    So it seems that it is a problem in my implementation of the protocol... But I really do not know how to debug that, is it possible to see why nothing can be read / written ?
    I have another question , with read() and write() how can I say that I want data or command to be transmitted and read if it is a data or a command that arrived ?

    Thanks,

    Julien Schmitt