[PARPORT] ECP hardware detection

From: David Lambert (dave_lambert@fbcc.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 18:11:32 EDT

    I just wasted the best part of the day debugging my user mode ECP driver only
    to find that I had inadvertently set the parallel port to 'standard' in the
    BIOS. The software negotiated to ECP mode fine, but when it came time to
    read, the peripheral's data lines were clobbered, due to the hardware drivers
    not reversing. My question is. Is there any way of my driver detecting the
    mode that the BIOS has set the hardware?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Best regards,

    Dave.