[PARPORT] devices and ports

From: Kurt Roeckx (Q@ping.be)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 09:15:05 EDT

    I don't know much about IEEE 1284 yet, but from what I
    understand, you can have serveral devices on one port.

    parport_open() returns a device (struct pardevice *), and close
    takes that as parameter, but other read and write take a port
    (struct parport *). Wouldn't it make more sense that it took a
    device as parameter, after all you want to talk to a device.

    Kurt