Re: [PARPORT] Can parport be accessed without a device driver ?

From: Uwe Bonnes (bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 07:58:07 EDT

    >>>>> "David" == David Lyon <djlyon@hotmail.com> writes:

        David> It's a simple question I know, but I'd rather not write a device
        David> driver preferring to have a user level (kde) program do what I
        David> need.

        David> Is it essential for me to write a device driver ? All I need to
        David> do is read data from the parallel port.

    Look at the ppdev device

        David> ...

    Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------