[PARPORT] Mounting Microsolutions paralal port CDRW

From: Ninan Sajith Philip (sajithphilip@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 05:56:26 EDT

    Hello,

    I am new to your place. I have a specific problem. I use a
    Microsolutions CD-RW on my Linux Box. It has Readhat 7.1, I upgraded
    the Kernal with a later version(.7). My problem is that I could mount
    the backpack drive(ver.6) as read-only device on /dev/pcd0 but not as a
    RW drive. For me mounting on /dev/pg does not work. I loaded the
    drivers as modules - my drive was not detected when I mounted it from
    the Kernal. I want to use it as a RW drive since I want to backup my
    linux data.

    I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

    -Sajith

    =====
    Ninan Sajeeth Philip,Lecturer Senior Scale, Department of Physics, St. Thomas College, Kozhencheri, INDIA.http://www.geocities.com/sajithphilip