[PARPORT] lp has gone

From: John Batistic (johnbat@ihug.co.nz)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 20:49:33 EDT

    I have run into trouble in attempting to implement the kernel
    APM ATX auto-shutdown feature.

    I had to remove APM from the kernel because during the auto
    shutdown files were being deleted. Files like fstab, so I
    now have to press the power button to power off.

    However, I have lost lp. I can print using lpr, and I
    have /dev/lp0, but programs like WP8 which require lp
    can't print.

    Everything I have read says that lp should just be there,
    but I can't find it.

    I am guessing that it got taken out in the same way as
    ftstab did.

    How do I put it back?

    Debian testing. kernel 2.4.9

    Thanks
    John Batistic

    --
    --- from NEW ZEALAND - a natural habitat for the PENGUIN ---
    --- registered Linux user # 205322 - running 2.4.9 + Debian ---